Re: [Orgmode] capture initial "level" and refile of capture buffer

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] capture initial "level" and refile of capture buffer
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 10:53:41 +0200

On Oct 22, 2010, at 1:43 PM, Richard Riley wrote:

What determines the level of a new capture element? e.g I just created
one and it started at "****".

That is dependent on where your target is. If the target is a level 3 entry,
then the capture item will be level 4.

feature request : when I added some sub elements to a capture buffer e.g

* my new capture

** sub point

*** sub sub point 1
*** sub sub point 2

and hit C-c C-w to refile, it only refiled the sub element (where cursor
was) and then lost the rest. I would like to suggest that refile from
the capture buffer should refile the entire buffer and not only the
"current nested org item". Or am I missing something in my setup?

You need to move the cursor back to the parent.  C-c C-w rund the
normal refiling command, which refiles the entry at point.

HTH

- Carsten