Re: [Orgmode] Re: General question on dealing with Latex to word convers

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: General question on dealing with Latex to word conversion
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 08:21:52 +0100

Marvin Doyley <address@hidden> writes:

> This is indeed a unique way of looking at the problem. I am not sure
> converting from word to Org is
> the way to go, because vast majority of my research notes are already
> in Org. But having said that a
> good work around could be to create a crude version in word (ditch the
> equations, but export as
> plain text), get everyone comments, and incorporate the changes in Org
> before exporting to latex
> This will try this in the initial stage of my next grant proposal.

My workflow, when required to collaborate with Word (or OOo) users is to
export org to HTML, use OOo to convert to Word and send that out.  I ask
my collaborators to /track changes/ in the Word document and I then
manually incorporate these changes into my original org document.  Not
ideal but it does the job.

However, what would be ideal would be if there were a tool which would
take a Word document with /track changes/ and generate a patch file for
a text version of that document...  that could then provide some
mechanism for getting changes back into an org document (modulo problems
with line re-arrangements unfortunately).  Just a pipe dream...

--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D