[Orgmode] Re: epresent and Org-mode: using Emacs to run presentations of

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: epresent and Org-mode: using Emacs to run presentations of Org-mode docs
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 21:29:33 +0200

Hi Eric,

"Eric Schulte" wrote:
> Phil Hagelberg recently introduced me to epresent.el by Tom Tromey. It's a
> very nice little utility for giving presentations using Emacs as the display
> engine. Obviously I was aghast to learn that epresent didn't work with
> Org-mode documents. I took the liberty of reworking it so that it runs off
> of Org-mode documents and uses Org-mode both to structure the presentation
> and to handle most of the fancy display elements.
>
> This re-working was mainly a series of quick hacks, and is certainly not
> "mature" in any way. But I think it is usable in it's current state for
> running simple presentations, and thought it may be interesting or of use to
> people here. If you're interested check out the example presentation
> included in the source code repository.
>
> http://github.com/eschulte/epresent
> (instructions in the README)

Just a typo in README: present.org, instead of presentation.org.

Quite promising for the rest, really!  Thanks once again, for all add-ons you
provide us with...

On the glitches side:

- some titles are truncated because of their size
- I did not see any image
- Beamer's frame level is not supported (ending up with a couple of really
  long slides)
- having to scroll within a slide seems to edit the Org file somehow
- "edited" Org file is not undo-able because of visibility troubles
- error "outline-back-to-heading: before first heading"

But, once again, it gives a lot of hope to get right to the point of loosing a
less time as possible, and lets us work on the contents of our file.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban