[Orgmode] Re: [babel] ob-octave requires octave 3.2 or extra package

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] ob-octave requires octave 3.2 or extra package
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 16:30:41 +0000

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Just a comment on requirements: ob-octave assumes the presence of the
> =dlmwrite= function.  This is available as standard with octave 3.2 but
> requires an extra package (=octave-io=) if you have an older version
> (3.0.x).  All of this is for Debian systems; I cannot speak about others
> of course.

Hi Eric,

Thanks. When dlmwrite is missing, is a helpful error message given?
(When not using a session, if an error message is written to stdout,
then it should pop up in a dedicated babel error message buffer). If the
error message is not helpful, do you think we should programatically
test for the function in octave code and display our own error message
when it is absent?

If you have time to add relevant notes to
Worg:org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-octave-matlab.org
that would be much appreciated.

Dan