[Orgmode] Re: markup for small caps ?

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: markup for small caps ?
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 17:43:55 +0000

"Thomas S. Dye" <address@hidden> writes:

> Aloha Sebastien,
>
> Arbitrary markup is possible, see
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.php#sec-12
>
> Using this approach [[latex:textsc][My small caps]] would export to
> LaTeX as \textsc{My small caps}.

In the Org-buffer I see "My small caps" with a special underlined
face. This is standard for links with a non-missing display part, but in
the case of non-standard link types such as this I'm not sure it's
helpful. I think I'd like to see in my Org buffer what markup is being
applied.[1]

(Related question -- is there a command I can enter with point on a link
which displays the raw text of the link? (temporarily remove overlays at
point?))

Thanks,

Dan

Footnotes:
[1]  Maybe add an optional display argument to org-add-link-type
which would be a function used by the org-activate-*-link function??