Re: [Orgmode] Umlauts in LaTeX export

From: Jean-Marie Gaillourdet
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Umlauts in LaTeX export
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 18:51:08 +0100

Dear Richard,

Stefan Vollmar <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear Richard,
>
> sitting in front of a German keyboard, writing
>
> Gödel
>
> seems to be the obvious solution for modern LaTeX and Emacs versions - you
> could define some shortcut to insert the appropriate Unicode character into
> your text (as your keyboard probably does not feature a "ö" key), or
> copy/paste the Umlauts from another Emacs file as necessary. If you do not
> need it very often, this might be a reasonable alternative.

Although I am german, I use an american keyboard layout for coding and
everything else. But there is a nice emacs solution to enter umlauts:
=C-x RET C-\ german-postfix RET= This enables an input method which
allows you to enter all german umlauts: ä ü ö Ä Ü Ö and ß.

Entering an `a' followed immediately by an `e' generates an ä, followed
by another `e' it becomes `ae`, similar for ü and ö . `s` followed by
`z` generates an `ß`. Larger variants are typed by typing two large
letters.

Regards,
  Jean-Marie