Re: [Orgmode] An Org-mode clone for Vim

From: Jean-Marie Gaillourdet
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] An Org-mode clone for Vim
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 12:28:36 +0100

Hi Ryan,

"A. Ryan Reynolds" <address@hidden> writes:

> onethingwell.org just finished a week's worth of coverage on vim
> outliners. I don't use vim, so I'm not particularly invested, but
> introducing another one to the vim people might be a hard sell; there
> already seem to be quite a number of options available on that
> platform. On the other hand, if you can replicate all of Org's
> features I've no doubt you'll succeed in winning them over! And in any
> case, doing something for fun is a reward by itself.

I've tried most vim outliners in spring. And I doubt it'll be a hard
sell. Most of them were dead or simply not comparable
to org's easy and intuitive way of outlining.

For example, TVO -- The Vim Outliner [1] -- , which is most often referenced
as the standard and most powerfull vim outliner plugin, is basically
dead. Last release happened in 2006.

Regards,
  Jean-Marie

[1] http://bike-nomad.com/vim/vimoutliner.html