[Orgmode] value of properties

From: Alin Soare
Subject: [Orgmode] value of properties
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 11:05:08 +0200

Hi,

I have been using org mode for a few days and I am impressed.

I have followed a few tutorials and videos, however I want to solve a problem and I did not find how can I do it.

I have 2 tables , and every such table has a variable $sum, that is the sum of a column. Because I am lisp engineer, I used the formula '(+ @address@hidden);N to compute it, I prefer lisp to calc.

My problems are

1: to export the value of the $sum from one table, and make global computations using it
2: to compute the value of some property in function of such variables, defined inside tables.

Afterwards, can I compute the value of a property in function of the value of other properties ?

Probably my question is stupid, I do not know, because I did not understand yet the principles of properties of org mode.