Re: [Orgmode] org-mode and htmlslidy

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-mode and htmlslidy
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 07:38:18 -0600

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Dov Grobgeld <address@hidden> wrote:
Does beamer and impressive support scrolling? I assume not as beamer is LaTeX based which also uses fixed paper size. The paradigm of fixed size slides is imho a remnant from a time when slides were "hardware" and placed on a overhead projector. I see no reason why shouldn't be able to scroll a long slide during a presentation if you can't fit it all on a single screen full.

Hmmm. Not on LInux right now -- I'll have to check. I know it zooms in on an area but not sure how it would handle a bigger-than-full-screen slide. My guess is that it would scale it to fit the page which would obviously not be what you want.

What about prezi, then? No orgmode integration but seems to be the least "powerpoint-ish" and reminiscent of the "olden days"? http://prezi.com/

John

Regards,
Dov