Re: [Orgmode] org-mode and htmlslidy

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-mode and htmlslidy
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:02:26 -0600

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 8:04 AM, Dov Grobgeld <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 15:38, John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:

What about prezi, then? No orgmode integration but seems to be the least "powerpoint-ish" and reminiscent of the "olden days"? http://prezi.com/

You've got any idea of how to conceptually map a orgmode document into the non-linear mode of prezi?  It certainly supports scrolling, though.

Not really! Though I wouldn't be surprised if most people use prezi more for the animations/transitions/uniqueness than really using the non-linearity. Does that make sense? As in, I know you can go to "slide 1" (or zoom in on some area as your "slide 1"), move on to some other things and then quickly whip back to slide 1 as you say, "Now, remember this information I spoke of earlier? Let's look at how that's affected by what I just referred to" or something like that.

I guess I'm taking "non-linear" to mean how you navigate through the information, not solely the fact that prezi is on a huge canvas and thus not a sequence (linear) of slides.

If you just mean the ability to revisit things... I think there should definitely be a way to put your presentation together in advance so you revisit various things and make the appearance of non-linearity. But it will still be fullscreen slides showing one after another, not twirling and whirling around a canvas.

Dov

John

Regards,
Dov