Re: [Orgmode] HTML export and blogging to blogger.com

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] HTML export and blogging to blogger.com
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 16:18:41 -0700

Hi John,

On 2010-11-11, John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:

I presume that this is the same as what I tried in elisp.  That did not work.

Thanks for your detail of your publishing routine.  That helps me know
what the state of the art is.

It looks like org can't yet export to whatever it is that Blogger
requires.  So I will just paste in plain text and forget about
formatting and emphasis for now.  I am limited in typing so doing that
by hand is beyond what I can do.

> - C-c C-e R to export the region

A documentation note: the manual has me confused about these:

===
C-c C-e H
    Export to a temporary buffer, do not create a file.
C-c C-e R
    Export the active region to a temporary buffer. With a
    prefix argument, do not produce the file header and
    footer, but just the plain HTML section for the region.
    This is good for cut-and-paste operations.
===

I expected the former to detect an active region.  Also it wasn't
clear at first that it operated on the whole file instead of a
subtree.  I expected something like "subtree unless prefix arg or
active region" for a single command.

Thanks.

Samuel