[Orgmode] Re: Habits bug?

From: Robert Horn
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Habits bug?
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 19:49:50 -0500

On 11/11/2010 07:07 AM, Matt Lundin wrote:
> Robert Horn <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I just noticed the following oddity.
>>
>> 1.) I have a custom agenda that consists of:
>>
>> (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>>       '(("h" "Agenda and This Week tasks"
>>       ((agenda "")
>>        (todo "THISWEEK")))))
>>
>> 2.) I have the default agenda period of 1 week at startup.
>>
>> The behavior I see is:
>>
>> a) When I do the C-c a h, I get the entire week, including the habits
>> and habit bars at the end of the section for today (somewhere mid-week)
>>
>> b) If I type "d" to go into daily mode, the scheduled and extra todo's
>> that are "THISWEEK" are shown.  But the habits and habit bars are not
>> present.
>>
>> c) When I repeat C-c a h to regenerate, it stays in the daily mode (as
>> it should) and the habits and habit bars re-appear.
>>
>> This is odd, and probably reflects a subtle bug somewhere in the
>> regeneration logic for changing the agenda period.  It's not a critical
>> issue, since the work around is so easy, but someone who understands
>> that stretch of code might see it easily.
>
> I cannot reproduce this. I tried your custom command above (tweaked to
> use one of my TODO keywords --- STARTED). The habits consistently
> appeared when switching back and forth between day and week views. Would
> it be possible to provide a minimal file and config that reproduces the
> error?

I didn't have time yet to create minimal files, but I learned more:

1) I can create it with a simpler custom command:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("h" "Agenda and This Week tasks"
       ((agenda "")))))

2) The daily schedule stuff is also missing.  So this is something in
the agenda processing that is not unique to habits.

3) It only happens the first time after startup that I switch from
weekly to daily mode.  If I change the custom commands after that, there
is no problem.  This makes it act like some sort of initialization
problem in daily/weekly agenda generation, not something unique to
habits.  (Having to type "r" once in the agenda after startup is not
much of a problem.)

4) It happens with version 7.01g, and with the release_7.3-39-g68b5ca3
from git.

I've attached my .emacs in case there is something odd in there that
could be causing this.

R Horn