Re: [Orgmode] HTML export and blogging to blogger.com

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] HTML export and blogging to blogger.com
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:45:48 -0500

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> wrote:

> That did not work for me.  I did this:
>
>   (setf org-export-html-auto-postamble nil)
>   (setf org-export-time-stamp-file nil)
>
> These are all nil.
>
>   org-export-author-info
>   org-export-email-info
>   org-export-creator-info
>   org-export-html-validation-link
>   org-export-html-with-timestamp
>
> I did not use publishing for this.  Should I?

I don't know why it didn't work for you.

I did not use publishing either, just exported an org file to HTML. In
my case, setting the variable in lisp, using the #+BIND: method or using
John's #+OPTIONS: author:nil method worked, in the sense that the
exported HTML file did not have a postamble at all or, with John's
method, the postamble did not include the author.

OTOH, the <meta> information in the preamble always includes the author,
etc. The only way to not have *that* included is to export the <body>
only, either by writing your own elisp to call org-export-as-html with
the appropriate arguments, or by giving a prefix argument to
org-export-region-as-html.

HTH,
Nick