[Orgmode] Re: Bug: org-install must precede customization [7.02trans]

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Bug: org-install must precede customization [7.02trans]
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 00:00:06 -0600

On Nov 12, 2010, at 11:55 PM, Anupam Sengupta wrote:

David Abrahams <address@hidden> writes:

Is it merely the autoload of org-capture-templates, or is this a
general rule for everything in org-install?  I think I'm perfectly
happy to work with the dependency in place as long as it's
documented.  For most people it wouldn't be an issue since
custom-* puts its custom-set-variables call at the end of the
file.  I think you need to be using something like initsplit to
see the problem.

The problem also comes up when a separate file is used for storing
the `custom-set-variables', i.e., something like:

(setq custom-file  "~/emacs-custom.el")
(load custom-file)

Because of the autoload, these statements now need to be at the very
end of the init.el file.  Not a big problem, but still something
that needs to be known (and was not required prior to 7.02).

It is no longer required now. Removing the autoload cookie fixes the problem. But you need to re-create org-install.el by running make.

- Carsten