Re: [Orgmode] Re: HTML export and blogging to blogger.com

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: HTML export and blogging to blogger.com
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 09:09:40 +0000

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> There was also a reference in the original post below to
> longlines-mode which (from my quick skim) seems to do what fill mode
> does but with "soft" returns; it only appears to be filled but in
> reality is not altering actual file line breaks. I tried this and can
> verify that when I save from longlines mode it is not inserting actual
> line breaks (if I use "cat file.org" there are no line breaks) whereas
> with fill the line breaks are definitely inserted into the
> file... however it seems that org exports to html how the file appears
> in the buffer, not what's in the file. I did want to toss it out there
> in case someone knows how to integrate it somehow.

I apologise for jumping into the middle of a conversation but your
reference to longlines-mode brings to mind visual-line-mode which was
introduced in Emacs 23 (I believe).  This mode turns on =word-wrap= as
well which makes the text look like it has been filled (i.e. soft
returns in your parlance) without actually changing the underlying
text.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.3.80.g0265)