Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-indent, org-inlinetask: patches on github

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-indent, org-inlinetask: patches on github
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 20:50:14 +0000

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

>>> - Regarding LaTeX, my suggestion requires the =todonotes= LaTeX
>>>   package to be loaded in the header.
>>
>> For that one I'm not sure adding one more package to those already inserted
>> by default is a good idea. Is =todonotes= standard in every LaTeX
>> distribution?
>
> I think so, but what really is standard?
>
> With TeXLive, almost all existing packages are installed nowadays (you can't
> not choose anymore for base or medium installation packages). So, yes, it's
> directly available.
>
> With MikTeX, I have no idea. But MiKTeX pops up the user for missing packages,
> allowing its installation in a couple of seconds. If not by default, shouldn't
> be a problem either.
>

>> I think default templates should be clean and very low on requirements. This
>> is not too hard for an user of this (undocumented) feature of Org to
>> configure it to its needs after all.
>
> I share your view on keeping trying to be as "basic" as possible in
> requirements. Though, I must admit that, at the time when I only used pure
> LaTeX for editing my stuff, the todonotes package appeared as the only
> valuable one.
>
> And, as its name says, it really is targetting TODO notes!
>

>> What do users (and maintainers) think about it?
>
> I'm interested as well by comments...

I tend to ensure that all packages that are available are installed so
this wouldn't be a problem for me.

However, I think that keeping the number of dependencies down is
advantageous so I would vote for having a very generic default template
for latex but with a good example of what is possible in the
documentation (e.g. the particular template definition proposed by
Sébastien).

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.3.104.gf692)