Re: [Orgmode] New lines (return chracter?) in capture templates

From: Jeff Horn
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] New lines (return chracter?) in capture templates
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 20:28:33 -0500

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 7:55 PM, Russell Adams
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Can you post the relevant section of your config file?
>
> I understand you included that template, but the context may help.

No problem! Thanks for your willingness to help, Russell. The relevant
section is below.

,----
|  '(org-capture-templates (quote (("t" "Todo" entry (file+headline
|  "~/org/ftr/jeff/notes/tasks.org" "Tasks") "* TODO %? %i %a") ("n"
|  "Note" entry (file+datetree "~/org/ftr/jeff/notes/notes.org") "* %U\\n
|  *%^{Note Title}* %?\\n %i %a"))))
`----

The variable was set through customize. If I'm reading this correctly,
it appears that the customize interface is inserting an *additional*
escape character before the slash. I'd consider this a bug, since this
was not expected.

Do you know of a way to insert a newline through customize that doesn't
get escaped automatically when the string is saved?

Thanks,
Jeff

--
Jeffrey Horn
Graduate Lecturer and PhD Student in Economics

(704) 271-4797
address@hidden
address@hidden

http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/