[Orgmode] Re: org-mode gnus integration across two machines when using n

From: Dan Christensen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-mode gnus integration across two machines when using nnimap
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 13:35:47 -0500

Tommy Kelly <address@hidden> writes:

> One option would be to sync only the org-mode files through DropBox, and
> just do what I'd do with any other IMAP email client, and rely on the
> server side info to keep mutliple clients "in sync". That's
> the whole point of IMAP in the first place. But then I'm guessing the
> hyperlinking of org-mode tasks to Gnus messages would break (with links
> being valid only on the machine where they were created).

Can you show us what an org-mode hyperlink looks like?  I.e. what
information does it store?  nnimap uses the IMAP server UIDs as article
numbers, so those will be the same for the different instances of Gnus.
So I'm guessing it will work, as long as you give the server the same
name in Gnus on the two machines.

Dan