[Orgmode] Re: moving in the agenda view is slow

From: Rainer Stengele
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: moving in the agenda view is slow
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 22:11:39 +0100

Am 27.11.2010 20:23, schrieb Nick Dokos:
> Rainer Stengele <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Nick, elp-reset-all does not work.
>
> Some more detail would be helpful: in what way does it not work?
>
> If I do
>
> M-x elp-reset-all
> M-x elp-results
>
> I get a blank slate. Then I can press 10 "n", and do M-x elp-results
> and get
>
> org-agenda-list                                               1
> 0.542113      0.542113
> org-agenda-get-day-entries                                    105
> 0.2963639999  0.0028225142
> org-agenda-get-scheduled                                      105
> 0.1733859999  0.0016512952
> org-agenda-files                                              3
> 0.163354      0.0544513333
> org-time-string-to-absolute                                   833
> 0.1295979999  0.0001555798
> org-parse-time-string                                         847
> 0.1100739999  0.0001299574
> org-prepare-agenda                                            1
> 0.055021      0.055021
> org-agenda-get-timestamps                                     105
> 0.0506039999  0.0004819428
> org-prepare-agenda-buffers                                    1
> 0.049225      0.049225
> org-refresh-category-properties                               15
> 0.030431      0.0020287333
> org-agenda-get-sexps                                          105
> 0.02591       0.0002467619
> org-agenda-get-deadlines                                      105
> 0.0178420000  0.0001699238
> org-diary-sexp-entry                                          14
> 0.0136680000  0.0009762857
> org-agenda-get-blocks                                         105
> 0.0129850000  0.0001236666
> org-agenda-next-line                                          10
> 0.0122370000  0.0012237
> org-closest-date                                              196
> 0.0108019999  5.511...e-05
> org-finalize-agenda                                           1
> 0.009044      0.009044
> org-up-heading-safe                                           95
> 0.0086909999  9.148...e-05
> org-agenda-do-context-action                                  10
> 0.008677      0.0008677000
> org-display-outline-path                                      10
> 0.007925      0.0007925
>
> reflecting the stats from the last reset onwards. What do you get?
>
>> Reason for "42" calls is I simply leave my finger on the key for a while
>> ... just to see the result more clear:
>
> Hmm, I'd prefer a more controlled experiment: it would be better to
> press it say 10 times discretely. I wonder also if crossing from one
> date to the next affects things (in my case, it does not).
>

>> org-agenda-next-line                                          42
>>   2.837738      0.0675651904

> [...]

ok, I did, getting

org-agenda-next-line                                          10
  0.864912      0.0864912
org-unhighlight                                               14
  0.0008759999  6.257...e-05
org-detach-overlay                                            14
  0.0006229999  4.449...e-05
org-agenda-do-context-action                                  10
  0.000274      2.74e-05
org-get-at-bol                                                10
  9.400...e-05  9.400...e-06
org-agenda-post-command-hook                                  14
  7.5e-05       5.357...e-06

for 10 "next-lines", all in the agenda block of

Monday     29 November 2010 W48

which means there is no date crossing.
What can I do to detail org-agenda-next-line?

What can I do

Rainer