Re: [Orgmode] MobileOrg and Voice Capturing (Android)

From: Matthew Jones
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] MobileOrg and Voice Capturing (Android)
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 21:58:52 -0500

Hey Sven, here's some thoughts:

MobileOrg Android already supports speech to text in that, you can go to capture a new note and click the mic button on the soft keyboard and start speaking.  I don't see that it would be particularly difficult to integrate this in a larger fashion.  There could be a button on the capture interface that would let you start it automatically.

You could also create (or extend the existing) Desktop Widget to include a button for capturing a note and/or capturing a note via spoken word.

Also... given that you had a button to activate the speech to text without having to pull up the soft keyboard... you could write another application that calls MobileOrg's Capture activity with that mode enabled.

http://matburt.net