Re: [Orgmode] [org-babel-R] Help: In converting an .org file to pdf, do

From: Sunny Srivastava
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [org-babel-R] Help: In converting an .org file to pdf, do I need to re-run the R code even if I ran them previously?
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 14:22:09 -0500

Thank you Thomas.

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:
Aloha Sunny,

On Dec 1, 2010, at 11:05 PM, Sunny Srivastava wrote:

Hello Org-moders:

I am trying to use org-mode, instead of Sweave, to write a report for a statistical analysis. During the process of writing, I prefer to export the org file to pdf to see the output (for sanity check). However, every time I do this, I get a question in minibuffer to choose if I want to "run the R code". I have three questions related to this:

1. Can I turn this feature off and let "org-babel-R" (sorry if this is something else) automatically choose YES if the code has not been run already and NO if the code has been already run.

This is the :cache header argument.  The setting you want is :cache yes.

2. Currently, if the code was run already, I choose NO. I am assuming this won't affect the results. Am I correct? (If I change something in the code I run it using C-c in org-mode before exporting it to pdf)

3. Is there a way to know which R code chunk is "org-babel-R" asking to run, when it asks the question about running the R code.

This behavior has changed relatively recently. I believe that with a recent version, answering NO won't abandon the evaluation of subsequent code blocks, and that the code block name is visible when the question is asked.  This is something I don't use, so you'd have to pull and see for yourself.

For me, it is preferable to disable the query.  To disable the query, I set this:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :tangle yes
  (setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil)
#+end_src

hth,
Tom
I looked in the uses of org-babel-R webpage on worg, but could not see anything related to this. Sorry if I missed something or the query is too basic.

Thank you.

Regards,
S.