[Orgmode] Re: Babel, Python and UTF-8

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Babel, Python and UTF-8
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 21:10:11 +0100

Hi Eric,

"Eric Schulte" wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>> Isn't such a prefix already available through the "shebang" option: can't it
>> be multiline?  Anyway, I don't think it's the problem here...
>
> The :shebang header argument is only used for tangling, not during
> evaluation, however if you ever needed to tangle python code blocks with
> non-ASCII encodings this would be the appropriate solution.

Sorry, reading this after the other post...

But, does it still make sense to make that distinction:

- some sort of preamble only for tangling?
- a preamble for evaluation (and tangling)?

Why would the shebang not be inserted as well for evaluation?

Do you/we need:

- one only for eval,
- one only for tangling,
- and one for both?

Depending on that answer, I would maybe make it more explicit what's the role
of each, like:

- :eval-preamble
- :tangle-preambel
- :preamble

But I'm wondering if one sort of preamble wouldn't be enough (and be used both
for tangling and evaluating)?

Best regards,
  Seb

--