[Orgmode] Column view and subtask overview interaction

From: James Deaton
Subject: [Orgmode] Column view and subtask overview interaction
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 23:00:44 -0600

I'm running a pull from yesterday and have noticed something a bit strange. I haven't been using column view with a subtask overview until today so I do not know if this particular usage had been working.

I have a simple list of tasks:

** Application Discovery [0/5]
*** STARTED Service Catalog Definition :Barbara: *** TODO Application Inventory :Brian:Chris: *** TODO Policies :Barbara: *** STARTED Projects In Flight :All: *** TODO Future Projects :All:

Now, if I go into column view to do some updates such as change one keyword such as a TODO to DONE, when I exit column view, the parent heading is wiped out and replaced as below:

** [1/5[1/5[1/5[1/5[1/5[1/5]5]
*** STARTED Service Catalog Definition :Barbara: *** DONE Application Inventory :Brian:Chris:
    - State "DONE"       from "TODO"       [2010-12-02 Thu 22:52]
*** TODO Policies :Barbara: *** STARTED Projects In Flight :All: *** TODO Future Projects :All:

When I first ran into this earlier today I had manipulated about 30 subtasks clobbering 5 different parent tasks before I noticed when I exited column view. I think I'm more frustrated by not knowing enough to help find a fix.