Re: [Orgmode] exporting as latex sections

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] exporting as latex sections
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 15:51:25 -1000

Aloha Suvayu,

On Dec 3, 2010, at 4:26 PM, suvayu ali wrote:

Hi org-mode users,

I have been collaborating on a big (many contributors) paper. For all
my various contributions to the paper I need to provide the latex
source as a section of a latex document. Is there some way I can
export to latex without all the preamble and header information from
the org-mode file? Or just exporting to latex and manually removing
all that is the only way to do it?

While we are at it if I were to attempt to write my own version of
latex export function which does this instead, where should I be
looking? I'm not very good at lisp, so some suggestions would be
really helpful if I need to take this route.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

-- Suvayu

I don't know any way to do this with the Org-mode LaTeX exporter (though there may be some way I don't know yet).

This might not be an option you want to follow, or something you have already thought about, but you could achieve your result using LaTeX source code blocks and then tangle, rather than export, your contribution. This has the advantage that it is relatively simple to tangle different chunks, in case you are contributing to different parts of the paper.

#+source: chunk1
#+begin_src latex :tangle chunk1.tex
  This is chunk 1.
#+end_src