[Orgmode] Including current time in agenda

From: suvayu ali
Subject: [Orgmode] Including current time in agenda
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 07:49:32 +0100

Hi,

I have been attempting this for a few days now. I want to have an
entry for the current time in today's agenda. That way I can keep
track of how much time I have left until my next appointment.

So far what ever I try, it shows up as an entry without a timestamp as
shown below.

Monday      6 December 2010 W49
               8:00...... ----------------
              10:00...... ----------------
              12:00...... ----------------
              14:00...... ----------------
  thoughts:   15:30-17:30 W' meeting
              16:00...... ----------------
  thoughts:   Currrent time
  thoughts:   TODO Hostel Room Change

So far my attempts have been some variation of `<%%(format-time-string
"%H%M")>'  or `<%%(diary-entry-time ...)>'. Am I approaching this the
wrong way? Is this not supported by the diary library?

Thanks for any thoughts/suggestions.

--
Suvayu