[Orgmode] Re: Babel, Python and UTF-8

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Babel, Python and UTF-8
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 18:23:59 +0000

"Thomas S. Dye" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Emacs configuration is one of the highest barriers to entry for
> potential adopters of Org-mode, IMO.  The idea of context-sensitive
> configuration is potentially terrific.  It gets the user to work more
> quickly than would otherwise be the case.  The problem I've run into
> is that exiting a buffer doesn't change the configuration back to some
> initial, or base, state.  I'm on to the next task but still configured
> to do the last thing.

Hi Tom,

I think someone else suggested using buffer-local variables to address
this problem, and I think that's the correct suggestion. One of the
examples below shows how to set a buffer-local value:

[...]

> #+source: document-config
>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>> (set (make-local-variable 'org-edit-src-content-indentation) 0)
>> #+end_src

As it happens, for that particular setting to be useful requires a patch
that is pending review, but, in general, I think this is the way to do
what you're describing.

Dan