Re: [Orgmode] Re: Babel, Python and UTF-8

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Babel, Python and UTF-8
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 08:40:40 -1000

On Dec 6, 2010, at 8:07 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:

"Thomas S. Dye" <address@hidden> writes:
Emacs configuration is one of the highest barriers to entry for
potential adopters of Org-mode, IMO.  The idea of context-sensitive
configuration is potentially terrific.  It gets the user to work more
quickly than would otherwise be the case.  The problem I've run into
is that exiting a buffer doesn't change the configuration back to some initial, or base, state. I'm on to the next task but still configured
to do the last thing.

Isn't that what buffer-local variables are for?

Achim.

Aloha Achim,

I suppose so, but AFAIK I haven't seen them in the configuration code blocks that Dan mentioned. I might be missing something.

I experimented with buffer-local configuration variables myself a while back, but my Lisp skills are sub-minimal and I couldn't make them work to my satisfaction.

All the best,
Tom