[Orgmode] Re: [BUG]? org-agenda-filter-by-tag

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [BUG]? org-agenda-filter-by-tag
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 12:47:14 -0500

Hi Max,

That is definitely _not_ the behaviour I get.

address@hidden (Maximilian Matthé) writes:

> I'm using current version of org-mode (just pulled). I want to filter my
> agenda view (C-c a a) by a Tag. I want the agenda to only show items
> that have the tag :pruef: set.
>
> So I open the agenda (C-c a a) and type / to filter. The minibuffer
> says: Filter by tag [ ], [TAB], and so on.

Everything is okay up to here...

> Typing Space hides all items that have a tag set.

It does? Cool - I learned something new today :)  All my tasks have tags
so this returns an empty list for me

>Typing TAB lets me
> type sth. in the minibuffer. But with no tab-completion (tab just
> inserts a tab) and pressing Return inserts a newline.

I get TAB completion in the minibuffer for tags so something must be
wrong in your setup.

At the 'Tag: ' prompt, if I hit C-h k TAB I get this

,----
| TAB (translated from <tab>) runs the command minibuffer-complete,
| which is an interactive compiled Lisp function.
|
| It is bound to TAB, <menu-bar> <minibuf> <tab>.
|
| (minibuffer-complete)
|
| Complete the minibuffer contents as far as possible.
| Return nil if there is no valid completion, else t.
| If no characters can be completed, display a list of possible completions.
| If you repeat this command after it displayed such a list,
| scroll the window of possible completions.
|
| [back]
`----

I have a CANCELLED tag, if I type 'caTAB' it completes to CANCELLED for
me.

>C-g gives "Quit"
> but the minibuffer stays active.

C-g quits and the minibuffer is no longer active for me.

>The only solution to get out the
> minibuffer is to press ESC ESC ESC.
>
> I think this is not the right behavior. So, how can I filter the agenda
> view for a specified tag?

What version of Emacs and org-mode are you using?

GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1) of 2010-11-03
on potassium, modified by Debian
Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4)

Regards,
Bernt