Re: [Orgmode] [org-babel] Dynamic Tangle?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [org-babel] Dynamic Tangle?
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 13:58:39 -0700

Hi Nathan,

The easiest way I can think of to accomplish templates would be through
some abuse of code block evaluation.  Maybe something like the following
would work...

** tangle templates
#+source: template-heading
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  some stuff here
#+end_src

#+source: template-footing
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  some other stuff here
#+end_src

#+source: template
#+begin_src sh :results output :noweb yes :var body="body stuff"
heading=$(cat<<EOF
<<template-heading>>
EOF
)
footing=$(cat<<EOF
<<template-footing>>
EOF
)
echo $heading
echo "$body"
echo $footing
#+end_src

#+call: template[:noweb yes](body="something new")

#+results: template[:noweb yes](body="something new")
: some stuff here
: something new
: some other stuff here

I hope this makes sense, and isn't too gross looking, for a really clean
implementation the template function could be located in a different org
file using the library of babel.

Note, that this relies upon an improvement to variable escaping that I
just pushed up to the latest version in git.

Best -- Eric