[Orgmode] Re: Lisp error: (void-variable org-inhibit-highlight-removal)

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Lisp error: (void-variable org-inhibit-highlight-removal) with `C-c / /'
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 07:33:08 -0500

Hi Rainer,

Rainer Stengele <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 14.12.2010 13:08, schrieb Christian Moe:
>> I get the same bug.
>>
>> Manually evaluating the following sexp at the very start of org.el fixes it:
>>
>> : (defvar org-inhibit-highlight-removal nil)
>>
>> But I can't see any reason why that line would not be evaluated at startup??
>>>

>>> this seems similar:
>>>
>>> trying to open a link with<C-c C-o>  gives this error:
>>>
>>> org-open-at-point: Symbol's value as variable is void:
>>> org-inhibit-highlight-removal
>>>
>>> - Rainer

> (setq org-inhibit-highlight-removal t) also fixes it.

I responded to Sébastien's post earlier, but I'm afraid my message may
have been stuck in Gmane's email obfuscation roundabout.

This error was introduced by a stray apostrophe in a previous patch. I
submitted a fix last night:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/35046

Until the fix is applied, the easiest solution is to go to the top of
org.el and manually remove the extra apostrophe at the beginning of the
file.

I apologize to all who are receiving this error.

Best,
Matt