[Orgmode] Link descriptions

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: [Orgmode] Link descriptions
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:09:21 -1000

Aloha all,

After reading through the documentation fairly carefully, link descriptions are yielding unexpected results. Perhaps I missed something?

I have a link defined for citep:

#+source: define-citep-link
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (org-add-link-type
   "citep" 'ebib
   (lambda (path desc format)
     (cond
      ((eq format 'latex)
       (format "\\citep[%s]{%s}" desc path)))))
#+end_src

With input like [[citep:jones][Jones]], it works fine, yielding \citep[Jones]{jones}.

My hope, however, is to pass page numbers in the description so with [[citep:jones][123]] I get \citep[123]{jones}. When I have a description like this, I get [[citep:jones]$^{123}$] instead.

This looks like a bug to me (at least I wish it would work to pass page numbers to the \citep command). Have I overlooked a restriction on link descriptions?

All the best,
Tom