[Orgmode] [Bug] Lists with checkboxes

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: [Orgmode] [Bug] Lists with checkboxes
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 19:20:05 +0100

Today I have updated org-mode at work and promptly ran into a regression
introduced between 7.01h and 7.02... Lists with checkboxes don't work
anymore like they are supposed to, the sub-checkboxes are not taken into
account anymore and you can check list items that still have some of
their children unchecked.  The progress indicator in the heading still
takes the first level of lists into account correctly.  Below is a test
with a "good" version.

* [1/3] List Checkbox Test

  - [ ] First
    + [ ] Sub1
    + [ ] Sub2
    + [ ] Sub3
  - [-] Second
    + [ ] Sub1
    + [X] Sub2
    + [ ] Sub3
  - [X] Third
    + [X] Sub1
    + [X] Sub2
    + [X] Sub3

With the bad version you can do things like this:

* [2/3] List Checkbox Test

  - [X] First
    + [ ] Sub1
    + [ ] Sub2
    + [ ] Sub3
  - [ ] Second
    + [X] Sub1
    + [X] Sub2
    + [ ] Sub3
  - [X] Third
    + [ ] Sub1
    + [ ] Sub2
    + [ ] Sub3

The first bad commit is

[045e3aea280da14a4db36d7b81d959efde4b593a] Fix checkbox statistics

by Nicolas.  Emacs 23.2 at work, 23.1 at home, same behaviour on both.
I hope this is an easy fix... I do use that feature quite a bit, but
really like to get some of the fixes that have happened inbetween.

Achim.