Re: [Orgmode] Re: disable automatic source block evaluation but allow ma

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: disable automatic source block evaluation but allow manual
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 14:48:28 +0100

Hi all,

hi Sébastien, thanks for your answer, which adds much more in-depth
information to my problem.  In fact, what you describe is probably the
bigger problem.

But for me (maybe I am the only one ...) it would be handy to have
source blocks, that are evaluated on C-c C-c *only*.  That also means
that when evaluating the whole buffer or subtree, these blocks should
not be evaluated.

The reason is that I have a lot of blocks of R code, that are only used
internally.  When I evaluate them they "spoil" my workspace, so that
evaluation is disabled for export and also when the whole program/buffer
is evaluated.  But for testing/debugging it is often handy to evaluate
one of them anyway.  Since there are simple work arounds (e.g. copy the
source block to the R session), it is not a vital functionality.

Regards,
Andreas

--
Andreas Leha