Re: [Orgmode] [OT] info in emacs (was: [OT] Emacs for 64 bit Windows 7)

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [OT] info in emacs (was: [OT] Emacs for 64 bit Windows 7)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:29:32 -0500

Memnon Anon <address@hidden> wrote:

> Markus Heller <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:
> >> ,----[ (info "(message)Canceling News") ]
> > Man I really have to learn how to use the manpages/info thingy ...
>
> Info is so convenient, but I use it a tad too infrequently to get the
> keybindings into my head. So I made this:

Undoubtedly, tables like Memnon's are useful, but if I had to do them
for every mode of interest (particularly the ones that I don't use
often), I'd be spending all of my time making them :-) and then (at
least BOE[fn:1]) spending even more time finding them again.

So I don't worry about frequently-used vs not-frequently-used modes: I
just go in e.g. to Info and then use ``C-h m'' to get the mode
keymap. Then use whatever key I need at the time. If I don't reuse it
soon, I forget it and I have to go through the same process again in the
future. If I use it often enough, the memory eventually migrates to my
fingers and I'm all set.

Nick

Footnotes:
[fn:1] Before the Org Era.