Re: [Orgmode] [babel] ob-web

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] ob-web
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:23:32 -0600

Sebastien,

This is probably pretty simple to do with a number of org-mode
supported languages.  Since I know R best, I can recommend the
RCurl package (http://www.omegahat.org/RCurl/) for doing exactly
as you describe.

I'll look into an R implementation of this when I get some
time over break in the next couple weeks.

There are doubtless other solutions!

--Erik

Sébastien Vauban wrote:
Hi Eric, Dan & Co,

A dream here: would we have an ob-web package, we could have easy block codes
for fetching some info from Web pages, possibly by giving as parameters 2
delimiters (strings or regexps), and re-arranging it into tables when it fits.

Use cases: statistics from Google Analytics, prices for flights, etc.

A potentiel show-stopper is, I guess, the fact that some (more and more) pages
are accessible via HTTPS, like the Google Analytics ones.

Is all of this do-able somehow: already, nearly, could be or never ever?

Best regards,
  Seb