Re: [Orgmode] Problem publishing symbolic links

From: David Maus
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Problem publishing symbolic links
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 18:35:12 +0100

At Sat, 11 Dec 2010 13:53:17 +1300,
Aidan Gauland wrote:

> [1  <multipart/signed (7bit)>]
> [1.1  <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]
> Hi,
>
> I am using Org-mode to run my website, and I have symbolic links to
> files elsewhere in my home directory (which are dereferenced when
> published).  When I org-publish the project, it doesn't re-publish the
> symbolic links even if the target has changed.
>
> Any idea what I could do to avoid manually copying the files that
> org-publish should be publishing?

Org checks the file modification time to determine whether to
republish a file or not.  Due to the nature of /sym/links their
modification date does not change if the directory entry they are
pointing to changes.

Maybe you could use hard links instead of symlinks if the files you
are linking exist on the same hard disk partition.  If this is not the
case maybe using a command line tool that syncs the directories
(e.g. rsync) could be an option (Cf. Manual, 13.1.2 Sources and
destinations for files).

HTH,
  -- David
--