Re: [Orgmode] Re: Sending org buffer as mail?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Sending org buffer as mail?
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 16:39:15 -0700

Niels Giesen <address@hidden> writes:

> "Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Thanks, I've just pushed up a new version of org-mime which makes use of
>> this function.
>
> [...]
>
> Hi Eric,
>
> I love the org-mime-subtree function! It makes writing good-looking
> mails very easy.
>
> Now for a proposal:
>
> For ascii export used for mail, it would be cool if SRC and EXAMPLE
> blocks be surrounded by "cut here" scissor lines. They look well in gnus
> for example:

For even better looking code in gnus, I personally prefer to use org as
my export target (rather than ascii), and with "Org-mode code block
fontification" configuration from
http://eschulte.github.com/emacs-starter-kit/starter-kit-gnus.html
code blocks inside org-mode markup will be correctly fontified in gnus
messages.

> code or example here
>
> Maybe the best way to achieve this is to define a hook before the string
> is sent to `org-export-string' with the FMT arg set to 'ascii, so that
> people can define their own functions. For instance, there are also
> people who prefer a block like

good idea, I've just added a series of hooks to org-mime which will be
called in a temporary buffer holding the text to be exported, so you
could add a function here to add scissor lines around code blocks.  Like
Sam I would discourage the use of boxquotes for anything that users may
want to cut and paste.  For ascii use the `org-mime-pre-ascii-hook'.

If you come up with useful hooks it may be nice to share them on worg at
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-mime.php

> ,----[ emacs-lisp ]
> | source here
> `----