Re: [Orgmode] Bug: Bad doc [7.4]

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug: Bad doc [7.4]
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:16:28 +0100

On Dec 20, 2010, at 9:06 AM, Dave Abrahams wrote:

At Mon, 20 Dec 2010 08:40:50 +0100,
Carsten Dominik wrote:

This is a bit tricky and not fully documented.

If you have no or only only a single template defined, then
template selection is bypassed and you do not get a chance
to press C to get to the customization buffer.  This is to
please John Wiegley :) who only uses a single capture template

And I'm using his template, practically unmodified :-)

and rightfully wanted to lose the extra key press.

And I like that feature myself.

As soon
as you have at least 2 templates, you will get the menu and
also the chance to press `C'.

I am not quite sure what to do about it, documenting it makes
things look more complicated as they are.

Hmm, seems to me that it would be more principled to have org-capture
take an optional argument that indicates the template index, and ask
me and John to bind our key to (lambda () (org-capture 0))

You are right, this is better for consistency.
You can do that already, bind something like (org-capture "t")
where "t" is the selection key.

(define-key global-map "\C-c c"
   (lambda () (interactive) (org-capture "t")))

Thanks.

- Carsten

--
Dave Abrahams