[Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Tangling ignores LOB file?

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Tangling ignores LOB file?
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 16:31:28 +0100

Hi Eric,

> "Eric Schulte" wrote:
>>> In other words, it seems that the tangle process does not take into
>>> account the code blocks located in the LOB.
>>
>> I just pushed up a fix which should allow noweb references to be resolved
>> using the library of babel.
>
> TESTED as FIXED. Case is CLOSED.
>
> Thanks a lot.

Though, I just discovered a little problem not related to tangling, but well
to the LOB:

#+TITLE:     nil when code block is moved to my LOB
#+DATE:      2010-12-20
#+LANGUAGE:  en_US

#+BABEL:     :engine msosql :cmdline -S server -U user -P password -d database
-n -w 700 :results output :exports both :noweb yes

* Abstract

When the code block is local to the file, the =call= is returning expected
results, when =C-c C-v C-e=.

When moved to the LOB (and the LOB ingested), the same =call= returns =nil=.

* Example

** Local source code block

The code block is in the same file as the one where the =call= is located.

#+srcname: show-count-per-tinyint-value
#+begin_src sql :var table="sometable" :var column="somecolumn"
SELECT $column, COUNT(ISNULL($column, 255)) AS 'Count'
FROM $table
GROUP BY $column
ORDER BY $column
#+end_src

#+call: show-count-per-tinyint-value(table="mytable", column="mycolumn")

#+results: show-count-per-tinyint-value(table="mytable", column="mycolumn")
|             mycolumn |       Count |
|         ------------ | ----------- |
|                 NULL |        8062 |
|                    0 |        5759 |
|                    1 |       49174 |
|                    2 |        1994 |
|                    3 |        9651 |
|                    4 |          27 |
|                    5 |        2262 |
|                    6 |          21 |
|                      |             |
| (8 lignes affectFs) |             |

** Now, with the source code in the LOB

After having moved the code block to the LOB (and ingested it), the execution
does not return the expected results anymore:

#+call: show-count-per-tinyint-value(table="mytable", column="mycolumn")

#+results: show-count-per-tinyint-value(table="mytable", column="mycolumn")
: nil

* Extra

Would it be possible to have:

- the previewing enabled, and