Re: [Orgmode] Bug: Bad doc [7.4]

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug: Bad doc [7.4]
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 17:59:09 +0100

On Dec 20, 2010, at 5:56 PM, Dave Abrahams wrote:

At Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:16:28 +0100,
Carsten Dominik wrote:

Hmm, seems to me that it would be more principled to have org- capture
take an optional argument that indicates the template index, and ask
me and John to bind our key to (lambda () (org-capture 0))

You are right, this is better for consistency.

Plus, it would fix your documentation :-)

Here's a guideline I use:

 if you're finding it difficult to document the behavior accurately,
 you probably designed it wrong or maybe you don't even really
 understand what it does.

That has happened to me enough times that it was worth making up a
guideline.

You can do that already, bind something like (org-capture "t")
where "t" is the selection key.

(define-key global-map "\C-c c"
  (lambda () (interactive) (org-capture "t")))

Thanks; if the behavior is ever updated I will switch to that
arrangement.

It alreay has been changed

- Carsten