[Orgmode] MobileOrg Android 0.5.0 - Now with native Dropbox support!

From: Matthew Jones
Subject: [Orgmode] MobileOrg Android 0.5.0 - Now with native Dropbox support!
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 19:25:59 -0500

Merry Christmas to all MobileOrg Android users... I am pleased to announce the 0.5.0 release of MobileOrg for Android.

This release includes support for Dropbox which is the single most requested feature.  I actually finished writing the code for this a few weeks ago, but it has taken a little while for the Dropbox folks to approve it for release.

This release also includes some bug fixes, although I have not yet managed to get a handle on the SSL bug if the CA is not recognized by the Android OS.   I'm planning this for the 0.5.1 release

Also included in this release is some basic scripting for calling the Capture interface from outside of the application, see this URL:

https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/wiki/Scripting

for an example of how to use this from the Android Scripting Interface (now called SL4A)

You can either download directly from the market or find a direct download link to the APK on the wiki (for those who don't have access to the Market):

https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/wiki

There are some really great features coming in the near future, including better support for capturing notes with TODO, Priority, and Tags and support for editing the body of an Org entry.  I'm also working on a UI overhaul that should make things more attractive and easier to use.

Merry Christmas and, as always, please report any bugs or features on Github: https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/issues

http://matburt.net