[Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Handling of errors when using Ledger

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Handling of errors when using Ledger
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 16:52:43 +0100

Hi Dan and Eric,

Dan Davison wrote:
> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>> Indeed, ledger cannot read from standard input.
>
> I've asked on the ledger list and the 3.0 (and perhaps some older)
> versions of ledger do support -f - to read from stdin. Could you try
> this version of the patch?

Unluckily for me, ledger 2.6.1 (the latest precompiled binary, on
http://www.assembla.com/spaces/Goldcoast/documents) does not work like that:

#+begin_src sh
  address@hidden:...ness/Accounting 0$ ledger --version
  Ledger 2.6.1, the command-line accounting tool

  Copyright (c) 2003-2008, John Wiegley.  All rights reserved.

  This program is made available under the terms of the BSD Public License.
  See LICENSE file included with the distribution for details and disclaimer.

  (modules: gmp, pcre, xml)

  address@hidden:...ness/Accounting 0$ cat 00307599427-telechargement.dat |
ledger -f - bal

  address@hidden:...ness/Accounting 0$ ledger -f 00307599427-telechargement.dat
bal
           -181.52 EUR  Assets
            181.52 EUR  Expenses

  address@hidden:...ness/Accounting 0$
#+end_src

Everything is that easier under Ubuntu...

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban