Re: [Orgmode] Convert iCalendar files to org files

From: MidLifeXis at PerlMonks
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Convert iCalendar files to org files
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 06:04:18 -0800 (PST)

> * Convert iCalendar recurrences to org recurrences[2]

>[2] And I'm quite sure it can't be done because orgmode has no concept
> of a recurrence end like iCalendar does.

Just as a possibility, what about using the diary syntax for dates in this
case?  I have successfully done repeating tasks from $STARTDATE to $ENDDATE
using something like:

%%(and (diary-block ...) (diary-cyclic ...))

I believe that this format for dates can now be placed into a standard org-mode
date delimiter as well.

Brian