[Orgmode] Re: Update? Org-mode and ELPA

From: Jeff Horn
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Update? Org-mode and ELPA
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 11:40:53 -0500

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 4:59 AM, Jambunathan K
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I noticed this as well. Bastien would have more information on the
> 'brokenness' you are reporting.
>
> Meanwhile, did you experiment with tars at
> http://orgmode.org/pkg/daily/? These tars are getting built
> regularly. At this moment installation is a two step process - you have
> to manually download the tar and install it with M-x package-upload-file
> [1].
>
> Once my patch - http://hg.newartisans.com/patch/377/ - gets checked in
> and worg server is updated, one will be able to install org tarballs
> with a single step.
>
> I hope you were able to install org-20101120.tar (the 'latest' on
> elpa.gnu.org) without any issues.
>
> [1] Refer Worg FAQ
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#installing-from-elpa-tarball.

Thanks, Jambunathan. This is just the information I was looking for.
Since ELPA will be in Emacs 24, I'm glad to org will be easy to
install.

This means I'll be able to download the emacs-starter-kit and install
org very quickly for people I'm trying to convince to adopt org. :)

--
Jeffrey Horn
Graduate Lecturer and PhD Student in Economics

(704) 271-4797
address@hidden
address@hidden

http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/