[Orgmode] Re: Understanding habits - repeat interval

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Understanding habits - repeat interval
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 16:53:46 -0500

Tommy Kelly <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm trying a first use of the habits tracking function but I'm not sure
> I understand the way they are set up. I have three questions. Here's the
> first.
>
> Is it possible to set up a daily habit -- that is, one that should be
> done at least every day and at most every day (as opposed to the
> "shaving" example in the manual where the at-most and at-least numbers
> are different). Suppose I want to shave every day. Is this correct:
>
>  ** TODO Shave
>         SCHEDULED: <2009-10-17 Sat .+1d>

This should work.

> I already tried the following but it gives an error:
>
>  ** TODO Shave
>         SCHEDULED: <2009-10-17 Sat .+1d/1d>

Recent versions of org-mode flag this as an error.  So I just use the
first example you have for things that repeat daily (as habits)

,----
| if: Habit Shave deadline repeat period is less than or equal to scheduled
(.+1d/1d)
`----

I'm not sure why equal is considered an error in this case.  It breaks
agenda display completely for me until I edit the offending habit entry.

> The first seems to work but it's giving me a confusing bar chart (more
> on that later), so I wanted to ask in case the repeater is wrong.

Any repeater should be valid.  (.+1d, ++1d, +1d)

Regards,
Bernt