[Orgmode] Re: Introducing gnugol - an org-mode-output web search client

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Introducing gnugol - an org-mode-output web search client
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 11:06:38 +0100

Bart Bunting <address@hidden> writes:
> Running into a few issues at the moment:  I did download and build the
> jansson library which is installed in /usr/local
>
> However when I run gnugol I'm seeing the following error:
>
> Errors: google(1): ../engines/google.so: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory
> google: failed to acquire shared lib
>
> Warnings:google(1): Not in default location, error: libjansson.so.0: cannot

You will either need to set up the DT_RUNPATH section in the executable
to point to where the library is installed or set up the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
environment variable to include the correct location.  The first option
requires to edit the linker invocation in the makefile, while the latter
is best done via a wrapper script that then calls the executable.

> I have the *.so files from gnugol in the default place that the makefile
> puts them, /var/lib/gnugol.  I also tried simlinking them into
> /usr/local/lib but this doesn't appear to make any difference.
>
> The error also suggests that the janson library isn't being found.
>
> Although the ldd output doesn't appear to list it?

Try 'ldd -v', if that also doesn't show anything, then most likely the
program itself dynamically loads new libraries at runtime (probably
after a fork).  Setting LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS (preferrably in a
wrapper script) to something non-empty should then give some ldd-like
output.

Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: