Re: [Orgmode] Block conventions

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Block conventions
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 20:19:24 +0100

On Jan 4, 2011, at 8:05 PM, Jeff Horn wrote:

Orgsters,

I was wondering whether it is common practice to indicate source code
blocks with capital letters, as in

#+BEGIN_SRC text
Example source block
#+END_SRC

while indicating special blocks with lower-case, as in

#+begin_latex
This is \LaTeX.
#+end_latex

They both work (I think). But, I can't decide which one looks better
to my eye. What are your thoughts?

I think the lower-case versions look much better and I
have often cursed myself for starting out with these
upper-case ones.  The upper-case ones did make sense
without special fontification - but now they look like
FORTRAN 77.

:)

- Carsten

--