[Orgmode] Re: should the mail list be splitted resp. sub-tagged ?

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: should the mail list be splitted resp. sub-tagged ?
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 10:13:25 +0100

Robert Pluim <address@hidden> writes:
> Triage is for *computers* to do, they're much better at it than humans.

Then let your MUA strip the tag off for you and live a happier life.

> Also, those markers in the subject are obnoxious and *really* annoying,
> and take up valuable screen space.  Please don't clutter up the org-mode
> emails for zero benefit.

They are very valuable when you need to quickly check things from a
computer where you don't have set up your filtering for instance.  Plus
they are indispensable for everyone who decides to not filter mail into
folders or anything like that.  They don't force you to not filter, so
why should you force them to change their workflow?

> org-mode list email has a List-Id header, the list software has already
> taken care of it for you.  I fail to see how much can go wrong with
> filtering on that, configure it once and you're done. (or read the list
> via gmane, all nicely split out for you).

This header is there for software to see, not for humans.  There is
multiple redundancy in both the headers and the tagging of the subject
line and this is what makes things resilient.  And yes, I read the list
via Gmane/GNUS, but that doesn't mean everyone has to do it the same
way.

Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: