[Orgmode] Short title in beamer export

From: Chris Malone
Subject: [Orgmode] Short title in beamer export
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 16:19:34 -0500

Hi,

Is there an org-mode way to use a short title for export to beamer?

Some of the beamer templates (or manual setting) show the title of the talk in a footer or header, but the box-size is often too small.  To counter-act this issue, the LaTeX \title command takes an optional short title, which is what is actually displayed in the footer/header mentioned above.

For example, my presentation has a title

#+TITLE:     Multidimensional Simulations of Convection Preceding Type I X-ray Bursts

which is way too long for the small space allocated to the title in the footer/header.  It would be nice if, in org-mode, one could specify

#+TITLE:     Multidimensional Simulations of Convection Preceding Type I X-ray Bursts
#+SHORT_TITLE: XRBs in Multi-d

which then is exported as

\title[XRBs in Multi-d]{Multidimensional Simulations of Convection Preceding Type I X-ray Bursts}

Maybe this is already do-able through some other means within org-mode without having to modify the .tex file?

Chris