[Orgmode] Re: Simple wiki system like VIMWiki

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Simple wiki system like VIMWiki
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 13:38:19 -0500

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> writes:

> However, linking and creating new files is far from optimal.

Could you please explain what you mean here?

I find C-u C-c C-l to be a very efficient way of creating file links
(both to new and existing files).

Also, the following two settings make it quite easy to open new links:

(setq org-return-follows-link t)
(setq org-open-non-existing-files t)

> Org-mode still tries to keep things at the headline-level, instead of
> at file level.

Again, could you please explain what you mean by this?

The following instructions will make org behave less like an outline and
more like a tradition wiki (such as muse mode):

1. Create links with C-u C-c C-l (even better: rebind this to something
   simpler).
2. Use the settings above to open links easily.
3. [Optional] Set org-startup-folded to nil for a "full-page" view.
4. [Optional] Create a single wrapper function that creates a new link,
   opens the file, and adds the file to the list of agenda files.

And since org-mode supports inline images and all sorts of hyperlinks,
this will provide everything necessary for a nice wiki system.

Well, almost everything.... I suppose the last step would be to modify
org-wikinodes to allow CamelCase links to files.

Best,
Matt